A smile makeover can be used to turn unsightly teeth into fantastic-looking ones. It is a combination of treatments used to fix cosmetic issues that negatively affect the way a person's teeth look.The way your teeth look is a vital part of your appearance since it is one of the most obvious things about you…
What are CEREC Same-Day Restorations?
The acronym CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramics. It is quickly changing the way dental restorations are done.
The CEREC difference
The traditional way of getting dental prosthetics, like veneers, crowns or bridges, involves multiple visits to the dentist. The patient needs to be fitted during the initial consultation; then their information is sent to a dental lab that makes oral prosthetics. There is typically a waiting period of about two weeks before the prosthetic is ready for installation. The patient then has to go in for a follow-up appointment to get the prosthetics installed.
Things are entirely different with CEREC.
Dental clinics with CEREC technology are able to create crowns, veneers, onlays, inlays and many other dental prosthetics in less than 30 minutes. It means their patients can complete treatments that usually require at least two visits to the dentist in a single visit.
How CEREC works
When a patient comes in for a prosthetic, the dentist uses digital imaging to create a digital model of their mouth. This information is then projected to a screen where it is used to design the prosthetic. The patient gets to add their input while the device is being designed, and the data is sent over to the CEREC mill when both parties are satisfied.
The mill works similarly to the way a 3-D printer works. It fabricates dental prosthetics from ceramic blocks.
The quality of prosthetics made with CEREC is just as good as those made in dental labs.
Benefits of CEREC
There are many reasons why an increasing number of people are opting for prosthetics made with CEREC. These include:
- More convenient: Thanks to CEREC, patients no longer have to schedule more than one appointment with the dentist to address a variety of dental problems. That means less time is taken off work or school
- No messy molds: Dentists usually use molds to make impressions when making conventional prosthetics. Some of these molds have awful tastes while others can trigger a patient's gag reflex
- Ceramic prosthetics: CEREC uses ceramics to make prosthetics. This material happens to be the closest thing to real teeth in terms of color, translucence and texture. People who opt for CEREC get prosthetics that are virtually indistinguishable from a real tooth
- Made to a high level of precision: The digital imaging systems used to make CEREC prosthetics allow the dentist to customize the patient's prosthetic to a high level of accuracy. This typically leads to less enamel being removed when prosthetics like crowns and veneers are being installed
- Eliminates the need for temporary prosthetics: People who get traditional crowns or veneers often have to put up with temporary devices for a couple of weeks. There is no need for this when CEREC technology is available since the customized prosthetic is ready in as little as half an hour
Give CEREC a try
There is no need to take multiple days off work or school just to get a dental prosthetic. CEREC is available at our Brevard office so your teeth will be restored when your appointment is over. Stop by to learn more about CEREC.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Did you know you can get CEREC veneers in a single visit? In the past, you would have to go to the dentist twice to get veneers. With CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics), your dentist will prepare your teeth, create the veneers and place the restorations in the same visit. The length of…
Talk to a general dentist, and they will tell you sugar is one of the worst things you can expose your teeth to. Our increased consumption of sugar infused foods and beverages is one of the reasons why tooth decay is one of the biggest issues dentists deal with.There are two main ways sugar negatively…
Dental veneers are often perceived as an irreversible and permanent procedure, but that is not always completely accurate. While it is important to understand the process involved in the application of dental veneers, it is equally as important to understand what your options for dental procedures will be after you have had your veneers applied.…